! END: CSS -->
Skip to Main Content
Configuring Your Computer for Advanced Research
- Bookmark this guide and make an appointment with Chris.
- Install the Emory browser plugin
- There are several other useful plugins for direct access to Emory library resources, such as Libkey Nomad.
- You can always add the proxy URL in front of any web page to determine if Emory has licensed access to the resource (particularly useful when on the open web): http//proxy.library.emory.edu/login?url=
- Be sure you are logged into LibrarySearch!
- Configure your Google Scholar settings to recognize Emory library resources.
- Search for Emory on the "Library Links" page. Save your settings.
- A great resource for utilizing Google Scholar most affectively is from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Highly recommended to create your own account as well, that will allow you to create a personal library of citations (and search within them).
- Choose your reference management software. Many options are available, but the following three are the most commonly used at Emory.
- Check the list of upcoming workshops for relevant sessions.
- Emory Libraries offers workshops in EndNote, Zotero, ArcGIS, research data management, copyright law, electronic thesis/dissertation submission, graduate test preparation, and other topics.