Please use discoverE to make requests for physical items, or contact your subject librarian.
- For local users, depending on your registration status for being on campus, you may material for physical pickup.You will need to wait until you receive email confirmation to set up an appointment! For more information, please see our web page on borrowing materials.
- For remote users, our preference remains to provide an e-copy alternative when available. We may be able to send you a duplicate copy our own copy, on a case by case basis. Please consider using tables of contents of materials (e.g., through Google Books) to determine if you need an entire book, or just a small selection through document delivery before placing requests. Also, consider Open Library as an option for texts (see below)!
- Please note that it may take up to 5 days to fulfill your request. Some materials could take longer, particularly during high volume periods. Please consider Open Library and document delivery as options.
- You may also work directly with your subject librarian purchase an e-book copy, when available, of a text we own in physical version, or use the purchase request form. Your subject librarian may also help you to see if there are other alternatives.
To request materials:
- Login to discoverE.
- Search for your item & click on the record
- Click on the "locate/request item" and click on "request" and choose your library. Please click on the tab for "request article or chapter" if you just need a small portion of the desired text.
- We will soon have an option for remote/personal delivery available. For now, pick your desired delivery desk, whether remote or local. You will receive an email for staff indicating next steps in fulfilling your request, whether it be a print copy being sent, or an e-copy being ordered or provided.