Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Google Scholar searches specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research.
- Click on library links (under settings, left hand corner) and add Emory.
- Use the cited by tool under the record to locate related research materials
- Do not use as your initial search, but rather to build on an existing query/article
- Political Science Complete
- THE resource for political science journal literature--with substantial amounts of full text. Also includes a large number of conference papers and proceedings. CAVEAT: not all conference proceedings lead to full text. CAVEAT 2: Check whether or not older conference papers and proceedings have been published as journal articles or chapters in edited volume
- Scopus (SciVerse Scopus)
- Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature with bibliometric tools to track, analyze and visualize research. It contains over 19,500 titles from more than 5,000 publishers around the world, covering the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- PAIS International
- Includes bibliographic records from the literature of public policy, social policy and the social sciences. Types of publications indexed include books, periodicals and selected local, state, national and international government documents.
- Social Sciences Abstracts (1983-present)
- Indexes core periodicals in the fields of anthropology, economics, geography, law and criminology, political science, social work, sociology, and international relations.
Other Important Databases
- Sociological Abstracts
- Covers major international literature (journals, books, book chapters, book reviews, dissertations and conference papers) in sociology and related disciplines.
- SocINDEX with Full Text
- Indexes journals, books, book chapters, book reviews, dissertations and conference papers in sociology and related disciplines
- Gender Watch
- Full-text database of diverse publications that focus on how gender impacts a broad spectrum of subject areas. With its archival material, dating back to 1970 in some cases, Gender Watch provides a historical perspective on the evolution of the women's movement and the changes in gender roles.
- Women's Studies International
- Covers the core disciplines in Women's Studies to the latest scholarship in feminist research. Sources include: journals, newspapers, newsletters, bulletins, books, book chapters, proceedings, reports, theses, dissertations, NGO studies, important websites & web documents, and grey literature.
- LGBT Life
- Provides indexing and abstracts for a large collection of magazines, journals, books and news sources. Also includes gray literature such as case studies and speeches, and full-text of historically significant LGBT resources.